A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 13, 2010

Sickness

Well Olive has a kidney infection. Which is normal for her.
She actually feels no pain when she has Kidney infections as she was born with one.
When a baby is born with pain, than to their body, it is normal.
 Meaning she feels no pain in her kidney's that aren't caused by surgery.
 At least this is how her Doc explains it.

It seems very plausible because Olive never reacts to having kidney infections.
 The only thing that bothers her is the fever that comes along with it.
But to other people she seems "normal" while a kidney infection has ahold of her.

Sleeping helps. Sleep is when she fights off all those evil germs in her ureters and bladder.
So she has been sleeping a lot. The Tylenol has a part in all the sleep.
It's funny because when I explain to people why she is fussy,
"Oh she has a kidney infection and her fever is getting to her."
They always look at me funny. As if I am not doing what I should be doing with a sick child.
Bundling her up, holding her, keeping her indoors.
PSHHH! Olive has on average, 2 kidney infections a month.
But what people on the outside don't understand is that there is no way to treat her Kidney infections.
You see if her Doc put her on anti-biotics every time she got one,
Well her kidneys would be in worst shape than they are now.

So I am doing what any other mom in my situation would do,
help her have a normal life. She would be inside, bundled most of her life
 if I acted the way others wanted me to. She has a right to be a normal child.
A right to run and play at the park with other kids.

Why would I take that from her if it isn't harming her?
I wouldn't.

Yep, so Olive has another Kidney infection which means....
Delayed surgery. Yes Sir. It is upsetting because I was preparing myself
and now I have to wait longer. But her being healthy before the surgery is a HUGE thing.

One thing I am glad about- Olive getting kidney infections at her age now
is so less dangerous than when she was a baby.
This makes my heart warm.
This means she does not need to be rushed to the E.R. at 3 am
to be hooked up to anti-biotic drips and poked hour after hour
by those mean nurses.



I love my daughter so much and I am so glad she is so strong.
She truly is a miracle. She brings so much light into my life.
Without her I am not sure what I would be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment