A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 18, 2010

I Smashed my Mac

About 5 months ago my Mac crapped out. The magnet that plugs the power cord in the computer was ruining the plugs. I went through 3 power cords until I finally gave up. The Mac wouldn't even hold a charge any more, I needed a new battery, the wireless internet hook up no longer functioned properly. All in all it was time to get a new lap top, the thing was like 5 years old. So Devin bought me an HP. Super new, awesome, I love it. Not sure what it is called exactly, just that Devin did lots of research to find the perfect laptop for me and he did a wonderful job. I freakin love my new computer!


We kept the Mac to see if we could sell the parts and we could have but I became impatient. You see I needed accouple computer chips for my upcoming shoe line. I also thought I could use the keys as buttons for the geekery shoe line I am working on, so we went for it. Devin sat down with our old printer than no longer works, and I sat down with my Mac. We ripped them both to shreds. We took them apart and kept the interesting looking parts that I might be able to use. In the process Devin taught me A LOT about all the guts of the Mac. It was extremely interesting. I had tons of fun. Not to mention some pent up anger I got out while tearing that laptop apart.


This is the inside of a CD ROM


It is so cool how all the chips look like mini towns and citys


I saw some of the shortest screws ever


Devin explaining to me what everything was


Another mini city


Processor


This is the back of the screen


These are the different sheets that make up the screen


Well I touched the transparent tape before I noticed the sign... didn't die.


Got lots of cool chips to cut up for my shoes.


Junk

No comments:

Post a Comment