A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Wow! This is the first time I have EVER forgotten my birthday.
I woke up this morning to find a huge horribly wrapped box and a small bag with my name on it.
I was confused. Than my brain screamed... "OMG it's my birthday!"

The horribly wrapped box was from Devin.
He knows that I love when he wraps my presents, even though he hates doing it,
he wraps them for me:]

SO anywho, he bought me a brand new printer!
I know what your thinking, A printer???
Yes, a printer. I have been asking for one FOREVER.
I needed it so bad for my Etsy shop.
Printing my fabric labels and tags.
Oh how wonderful it is to have a printer.

Oh! and Olive got me photo printing sheets!
Because my printer is a picture printer, a regular printer and a scanner.
Can you tell that I know nothing about this stuff?
But if Devin bought it for me than it is the best item for me.
He is great at buying electronics and understanding what all the geek speak means.

But I see a pattern...
Last birthday I got a pink DS
For Christmas I got my HP laptop
For mother's day I got my new Canon powershot
and now for my birthday the printer.

It's really funny because you usually by other people the type of gifts you want to receive.
You see I could live without all this high tech stuff
He can not.
Yet I do not buy him electronics for gifts.
I never have. I think it is a weird gift to give someone.
I get him things like, clothes and small gadgets
and I always make him a birthday breakfast.
Bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eyes and potatoes.
It is a lot of food but it's one day a year right?

Any who, it's my birthday today! 20 years old.
That is 2 whole decades.
Pretty crazy!
Devin and I already went out for my birthday dinner last week.
Cheesecake factory. Seems to be tradition.
I love that place.
ANNND it was kid-free.
We dropped Olive off at her Great Aunt's for 4 hours.
(Which was kinda horrible for me. I had a panic attack, felt like someone was squeezing my chest)
But Devin helped me relax, plus I knew Olive would be having lots of fun with her three cousins.
She loves them so much, gives them hugs and follows them around.
It is adorable. And they are so good with her.
Explaining things to her and not yelling when she knocks down their legos.
She is very sweet to everyone.
Makes me proud.

Well I am going to go enjoy my birthday
Meaning I will do nothing different and continue to cook and clean
and oh I have some laundry to do and I need to deep clean the bathroom.
Oh and sew up a couple of shoes, 6 to be exact.

Happy Birthday to MEEE!
:]


1 comment: