A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 18, 2010

California

Four months ago I met Devin's Grandma and Grandpa for the first time, along with two of his Uncles and his Aunt. Such nice people. His Grandma made me feel so welcome and gave me a hug that could cure cancer. Despite the language barrier (she speaks little English) we got along great. I could understand most of what was said, Devin and Maria would clue me in every other sentence. But for the most part I picked up on words here and there and put two and two together.


Olive was scared at first. She didn't want her great grandma to hold her and she wouldn't even walk by her great grandpa. But by the end of the first visit she was climbing in her G.Grandma's lap and even dancing with her. Not much changed with G.Grandpa though, she didn't even let him touch her. At one point during the visit Devin's Grandpa said "I never thought I would live to see a great grand daughter" (except in Spanish) and started crying.













It was a great visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment