A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 18, 2010

It's Official

Well I made the surgery date yesterday for Olive's third kidney surgery. July 20th is the day. When Olive had her last two surgeries she was admitted into the hospital prior to them so I guess I didn't realize how much preparation there is before her surgeries. You see when Olive was admitted they just sent up a nurse to take Olive and myself down to get a VCKUG and her blood tests and urine cultures were all taken while she was in her hospital room. To me, it was just part of the deal with being admitted.

It is very different when we are at home, scheduling for the surgery. In the next month we have to do all of the following in order.

-A urine culture to make sure Olive does not have a kidney infection.
-A VCKUG to determine how large Olive's bladder is and how dilated her left ureters are.
-An ultrasound to determine how much functioning tissue is left in her kidneys
-A blood test for.. well I am not sure, most likely just routine tests before any surgery.
-Updated on her shots, I think she needs 2
-Preregistration with the hospital

The day before the surgery we will have to take another VCKUG and urine culture to make sure everything has remained the same.

Lots of gas will be wasted as all of the places that these tests are done are pretty far away.

But my baby is worth it. I am so not looking forward to all of this. The shots and needles and mean nurses. I hate seeing Olive in pain.

I have been extremely distracted by all of this and have gotten hardly anything done for my Etsy Shop Tortoise and Hare but I did get everything prepped for tomorrow. So the day of major sewing will be Saturday. I have been deep cleaning like a maniac. Since Olive was born something clicked for me, as if I switched places with some other clean freak, I have become so aware of filth. Devin calls me O.C.D. (it's that bad) So it's not like I even have much to clean but with all the pressure for me to make sure Olive does not get sick before her surgery, my O.C.D has increased a thousand fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment