A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 23, 2010

Terrible Twos

Yep. I think we are already in the "terrible twos". Which is so overwhelming because Olive is only 16 almost 17 months old. It just seems like all I do all day is ignore tantrums, redirect and explain why she can't do certain things. I CAN NOT handle all the fits. I really can't. I am trying sooo hard though.

For example, I am making dinner. She wants her food, but I am not done. I tell her "Baby I am almost done, then you can eat and fill that empty belly. Just a few more minutes". (and it's not even that she is hungry but just that she wants what she wants) But she just throws herself on the ground and cries and cries and cries. I ignore it or redirect her. But I never give her what she is crying for. I don't want to be that parent that does anything to shut their kids mouth. I want her to learn that throwing a fit will get her nowhere with me. So far, she doesn't understand so I will just repeat repeat repeat! But I have got to tell you, I was not ready for all of this. I miss my sweet cooing, drooling, spitting up baby girl. Why can't we just keep them as babies forever? I would soooo go back to 3am feeding in exchange for the tantrums any day.

But for now I will just stay strong. I will not give in because I do not want a brat for a child. She has so much more potential than that. A firm hand is what I owe her.


So silly- Olive and Hephalump (7 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment