A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 24, 2010

Get to Know Me: Part 1

20 Mommy Questions

How old were you when your first child was born?
-Eighteen
What month and year was your youngest child born?
Feb of 2009
How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?
Scared and lost but once the shocked cleared I was so excited.
Who did you tell first?
My husband
How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?
Too many!
What did you crave while you were pregnant?
Everything and everything. Everyday it was something new that I had to have.
Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?
Yes, so I could prepare before she got here.
Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Yes. We found out at 16 weeks gest that Olive had a kidney disorder. My pregnancy it's self was hard because I had severe adema in my legs and feet and high blood pressure that made me have to take it easy my whole pregnancy and take meds 3 times daily. And I developed preclampsia at 34 weeks and had an emergency c-section.
How much did your first child weigh?
7lbs 6oz
Was your first child early, late, or on time?
6 weeks early
What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?
My daughter has a combination of disorders dealing with her kidneys and was in the nicu for a month. She has had two surgeries and we are planning on the next one being when she is around a year and a half. She also has been taking a daily antibiotic since she was born and will continue to take it until her last surgery or until she is 2.
What's your favorite part of being a mom?
The love this child has for me. I have never felt more loved in my life. I love solving her problems and soothing her. It's the best job ever.
Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad?
I think they are equal. My husband works two jobs, 80 hours a week. I wouldn't give up being a stay at home mom to do his job. But he can't do what I do. I think it's the perfect balance.
What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?
Patience is the key.
Did you always think you'd have kids?
Yes, I was born to be a Mother.
What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood?
It's not as hard as everyone tells you it will be.
Are there things you miss about life before kids?
Yes, I miss my life, haha. But I wouldn't give my life up now for anything.
How many children do you have?
One.
Do you plan to have any more children?
Yes, I would like to have up to 4.
Who's the mom that you admire most?
 My Adopted Mom, Aurora. She has been there for me more than my real Mother and has helped me through so much. She is definantly the shoulder that I lean on and she always invites me right in. I am so thankful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment