A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 21, 2010

Morning Walk


Olive and I go on a walk every morning to the park in our neighborhood. I enjoy our walks very much. She gets excited when she hears a bird or a dog. Her little feet make the cutest noise on the sidewalk. My favorite part by far is when she holds my hand. She knows to hold my hand when we cross the street and when she sees it coming she reaches for my hand. Then we hold hands until we get to the grassed area. I hold her sweaty hand and she holds my sweaty hand.

It's a wonderful feeling being a Mom. But sometimes I forget that she is mine. That she came from me. I get reminded when we hold her sweaty hands. I have had sweating hands since I was born, they are always clammy. When I hold her sweaty hands, my heart always warms up. She is from me.

When we walk I see our shadows on the pavement and I smile. She is so tiny. We walk by flowers, she points to the one she wants and I pick it for her. We do this about 3 times until she has a handful of various flowers grasped in her sweaty palm. She does not let them go. The whole walk home she holds them tight in her hand. When we get home she runs to the kitchen sink and points up. I pick her up and we, together, pin them to the window and throw away the old ones. We do this daily, it's our routine.

Then I put her on the ground, she looks up at her flowers than claps for herself. She is my baby. She comes from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment