A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

July 2, 2010

Anti-social

Well the 4th of July is coming up and as usual Devin will be working BOTH jobs that day. Meaning I will only see him for about an hour for his lunch and that's it. I am ok with this, as is he, because he gets time and a half plus Sunday pay. This will help out with some money issues we are having this month but I will defiantly miss him on the 4th.\

I was invited to spend the 4th with Devin's family, as I always am when holidays roll around. I just feel so weird going to one of Devin's family gathering without him. You can defiantly say that I am anti-social. I use to be able to start a conversation with anyone and feel confident going into large groups of people but my weight has caused me to be less confident. So Olive and I won't be going to the family function on the 4th, instead we will watch a movie and eat some food, but just do our normal thing.

She is too young to even remember this so I don't feel much pressure to make it 'grand'. I do feel pressure however from his family. I feel bad saying "Thanks for the invite but I'm just staying home" because I feel as if I am being rude. My anti-social-ness does not care though, I would rather not be forced to socialize. Plus I would have to hitch a ride with the MIL making my 'get-away' difficult. I would have to stay there the whole time she is there (and she is the last to leave at family gatherings)  I am not sure if they understand why I don't come. But it's not something I worry about too much. I do wish sometimes that Devin didn't have to work so much, we hardly ever see him.

Tonight will be our "4th of July" celebration. Devin has half of the day of, he actually just came in the door!!

Well happy 4th of July to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment