A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 29, 2010

Emergency Room



-I broke my ankle-


Yep, yesterday at 3 pm I was running inside to get a plate because the burgers were done cooking. I was wearing flip-flops... ummm hmmm. I guess there was some water on the floor from me washing dishes, I hit the wet spot, my foot went in and I stepped down hard, heard and felt a crack than went down. I brought my plates with me. It wouldn't be a true Cassie accident without a few broken somethings... The pain was pretty bad. I don't remember all the times that I cut off my finger, split my tongue in half, hit my chin and my tooth went through my lip... I don't remember the pain during all of those. But I am guessing I will remember this pain for the rest of my life.

I laid on the floor just screaming, pretty much. Olive was screaming because Mommy was screaming. When I realized what had happened and saw Olive freaked out, I stopped and took a breath. Devin came over and saw that my ankle was stuck all the way to the inside. I couldn't move it and it had already begun to swell and turn purple. I guess "Mom" mode kicked in, I stopped thinking about how bad it hurt and talked Devin through what to do calmly.

"Put Olive in her crib, turn off the stove and the grill. Pack the diaper bag, don't forget her bottle and a diaper! When the diaper bag is packed, come get me and help me get to the car. Then go back for Olive."

Devin told me this morning that the whole time while I was laying on the floor and on the way to the ER, I was humming, "It hurts so bad, it hurts so bad, it hurts so bad" I guess I did it to keep from screaming, I didn't want to scare Olive again.

Poor thing was still shaken up while driving to the hospital. Long story short, I was in the ER for 11 hours and the first 6 of them were pain pill free. I kept asking for a pain pill of some sort and they kept saying, sure sure I'll go get one. The ER was a bit crazy because of a car accident. Now I understand the order of things. And maybe I wasn't at the top of the "help now" list but I would have really liked a pain pill. It was torture.

But now I am home...in pain still. Vicodin is in my system but it doesn't seem to help much. I couldn't sleep hardly at all last night. I would wake up from the pain and I wasn't able to go back to sleep.

My poor baby is still iffy about Momma. She constantly wants hug and kisses my leg often. When I am on my crutches she freaks out, not sure why, she just runs from me and cries :( Last night when Devin and I got home Maria was here watching Olive. I hoped in the door and Olive ran to me and hugs my good leg. I am always with Olive. 24/7 since she was brought home from the NICU. Devin and I have gone out a couple times but not often AT ALL. So to see her miss me and run to me when I got home just warmed my heart. I missed her like crazy in the ER.

I went straight to my bed and she followed. She climbed up on the bed with "The Stinky Cheeseman" and handed me the book. I read to her while Devin went to the pharmacy. When I was done reading a section, she took the book and read to me. SO cute. Then she climbed up on my chest, gave me three kisses, on both cheeks and on my lips, laid down on my chest and pulled the blanket over her. I held her and she went right to sleep. I was a nice ending to a bad day. I love that girl.

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your posts and I think it's wonderful that you share your life with others! Even though there are horrible days just you sharing yours has made me feel like I am not alone either and in that you have helped so I thank you! Keep writing you have done such a great job and keep fighting because it is all worth it!

    ReplyDelete