A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

June 30, 2010

Potty Training

With all the extra time on my hands because of the incident, I have been doing things that have been on my list for a while but didn't get done because there were more important things to do instead. Yesterday I spent about 5 hours reading up on potty training and I think I have a good plan.

After Olive's surgery on the 20th of July, I will start potty training her. The method we will be using is the "no underwear method". Meaning Olive will wear nothing on her bottom while at home. And until she is potty trained she will go nowhere. So I guess the no underwear of diaper or even pull ups is a method that works very well. It is suppose to make them feel icky if they don't use the toilet. We have tile and wood at our house (expect for the game room which she is not even allowed in) so I think it will be good to try this method. I am suppose to keep her under ware and pants off for a week after she gets it. If she happens to poop or pee it will be an easier clean up than carpet. Her doctor mentioned this at her 9 month appointment but of coarse I was not even thinking about it then.

I found the toilet I want to use for her also. It is from one of my favorite brands Boon Inc.  

This thing is so nifty! I am so excited to buy it and open it up! There are three colors, blue, pink and green, but of coarse we had to choose green! This potty is so freakin cool. So when it is closed it just looks like a container of some sort but when you open it, it is plain to see what it is used for. There is a "drawer" that holds the waste and is easily removed with a cool handle and orange release tab. There are two compartments on each side. One for odds and ends. I will be putting disinfecting wipes, wet wipes and paper towels in that side. And on the other side there is a toilet paper holder!

Cool right!?



This nifty potty also doubles as a step stool! Great for washing dirty little hands afterward. And just like all of Olive's other toys and gadgets, I will be saving it and using it for the next Saenz baby that we have.

As for a treat or motivation for her to use the potty I have decided on Smarties. Those powdered candy tabs that come in a plastic wrap tube. They are super cheap and not too sweet. I will award her with one smartie for peeing and two smarties for a poop. I have already bought a container for them :)

It might sound weird but I am super excited to start this potty training thing. I can't wait to get her out of those diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment