A Snapshot of Me

My photo
I am a Wife, a Mother and a buisness woman.
I am going through the hardest time of my life,
while documenting it all in hopes to stay sane.

May 21, 2010

Summer is here at our home

Well it is officially summer time at our home, we bought a blow up pool. Manly for Olive to cool off and to play, but Devin bought the bigger on so that we could join her. This thing is HUGE! I wasn't sure it would fit on our concrete slab but it is just perfect. We leave the water in it and just scoop out the leaves and whatnot. This is Olive's first pool experience. She was leary at first and didn't want me to let her go but it is shallow enough to go no further than her waist. After warming up the the idea of the pool, she loved it! So much so that she threw a mini fit when it was time to go inside.

We bought her a "swimsuit" at Target too! I quoted the word swimsuit because I think the swimsuits they sell nowadays for toddlers are way to revealing. First of all I will not buy my daughter a two piece mid-rift showing bath suit until she is at least 16. The swimsuits for little girl is size 12 month and 18 month are horrific! They are like two teeny tiny triangles and a bikini cut bottom. That is just poor taste. I would never feel comfortable putting my daughter in that, even if we were just in the backyard. I mean it would even be better to just have her in a diaper and nothing else than dress her in those "sexy" bathing suits. I mean there are alot of "sexy" type clothes for little girls, most of the things in the stores I will not buy for her. I don't even like putting her in a tanktop or spaghetti strap dress of shirt. I think it is too mature for her. But this is only my opinion, and you know whats great about being a mom, I CAN have my opinions and I can do things MY way.

So after gasping at all the girls suits in the baby girl section, I ran to the boys section and got her a surf shirt. It is the same material at a bathing suit but it is a long shirt. We paired it with a Skort, and wa la she is ready for the swimming pool (not the Vegas strip)


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete